SENSE OF SIMPLICITY
MATERIAL OF THE SENSES
Lithos Paints’ product line offers solutions both for exterior and interior applications. It is based on high calcium lime putty that has been matured for 36 months.
All products present:
• excellent anti-microbial properties, as certified by external laboratory tests
• excellent breathability allowing the release of surfaces’ moisture
• very good hiding power and ease of application
• high reflectivity to the solar radiation
• suitable for cultural heritage buildings as studied by the Lab of Materials for Cultural Heritage and Modern Building, TUC.
See supplementary material regarding the antibacterial properties of the product and samples from projects.
Liquid Marble is a product line of decorative plasters based on colloidal lime putty aged for 36 months and a variety of fine marble aggregates.
Suitable for application by trowel.
The following systems offer integrated solutions for flooring and wall applications, both for interior and exterior. They include all stages for covering and protecting the surface.
Suitable for application by trowel.
- TOPCOAT I
The system comprises of a cementitious basecoat and a mono-component cement-based topping with quartz aggregates of maximum granulometry 200 μm. The system is sealed with a varnishes’ system. Smooth to rough effect. Download here system's full description: TDS
- TOPCOAT II
The system comprises of a cementitious basecoat of maximum granulometry 400 or 600 μm and a colored impregnation varnish as a finish layer. The system is sealed with a polyurethane-based varnish. Medium to rough effect. Download here system's full description: TDS
RESIN QUARTZ SYSTEMS FINE/200/600
The system comprises of a cementitious basecoat of maximum granulometry 600 μm and a resinous topcoat with inherent hydrophobic properties. The system is sealed with a polyurethane-based varnish. Smooth to rough effect. Download here system's full description: TDS
2 components micro topping, lime and cement based, with quartz aggregates of maximum grain size 600μm. Smooth to rough effect.
2 components micro topping, lime and cement based, with quartz aggregates of granule size 120μm. Very smooth visual effect.
2 components micro topping, cement based, with quartz aggregates of maximum grain size 600μm. Rough effect.
Hybrid resin and cement based mortar with a selection of natural stones.
Polished effect with choice on size and colours of the aggregates.
Resin based material with a selection of natural stones.
Processing of existing concrete for smooth surface with apparent inert and non-slip use. Recommended for external use.
Processing of existing concrete for level surface and sealing of concrete pores up to the matte level (grit 320).
Processing of existing concrete for polished surface and sealing pores up to a glossy surface (gray 3000).
2 components micro topping, cement based, with quartz aggregates of maximum granule size 400μm.
The special raw material
The raw material, that formed the basis for the new product ranges, was developed in an effort to find a resin on the basis of the calcium hydroxide, for use in bioclimatic houses due to its beneficial properties. In collaboration with the University of Crete (Archaeology dept.), it was found that such materials were used in the ancient times.
The result of this R&D process was the evolution of the raw material into a new composition and crystalline structure. The final material acquired properties of elasticity and hardness greater than the usual cement mortars, substituting largely the use of synthetic resins. Due to the 3 years ageing process, the molecular crystal becomes larger and harder, forming very small scaly surfaces that are put in order with spatula techniques.
In this way, a surface is formed which behaves like fish scales: when they are independent they are hard and rigid but as a whole they form an elastic surface.
• Environmental friendly – natural material
• Superior raw material (3 year aged lime and marble powder from Mt. Penteli
• 80 standard colour shades, while many custom colour shades can be produced under request
• Different finishes depending on the application
• Perfect transpiration
• Natural anti-mold and anti-bacterial action (anti-bacterial properties 99,9%) without chemical additives
• Reflective properties (90%) that remain unchanged over time
• Exceptional hardness and elasticity at the same time
• High resistance in very thin applications that is strengthened over time
• Anti-bacterial properties_ QACS Ltd laboratory
• Reflective properties_ University of Athens, Physics dept.
• Bending and compressing resistance_ CTEC (Center for Testing and European Certification)
• Resistance in compression and bending ΕΚΕΤ (Hellenic Cement Research Center)
Name must not be empty
Please provide a valid email
Message should not be empty